Sunday, July 13, 2008

My first ever blog!

Well, here I go with my first attempt at blogging. I missed the first EDUC 504 class due to some chronic back pain that flared up the day before class. I got a cortisone shot in my back on Friday morning which is supposed to get all the inflammation and swelling down to a tolerable level. Today is Sunday, and I can already notice a difference. I've had this disc issue since 2005, and most of the time the cortisone shot does the trick. I'm thinking once I get some health insurance, it'll be time to consider back surgery.
But enough about bad backs. I'd like to shift my focus to how exciting it is to be blogging for the very first time! Now, any time I feel necessary, I can express my views and opinions throughout the universe! While I'd love to express my disdain for the high volume of back-up beepers on construction vehicles on the U of M campus, I'm not quite sure of the guidelines of this assignment and I don't want to overstep my boundaries. But, rest assured, once I get the green light to blog away on things that irritate me, back-up beepers and the stalls in the second floor men's bathroom of the SOE building better watch out!

4 comments:

KOZMONAUT said...

Hey Sean - I hope you're feeling better. One of the great benefits about being a teacher is that you are guaranteed health insurance [helps to make up for the lack of compensation at other times]! See you tomorrow (hopefully)

Anonymous said...

Sean,

Over the course of the year you will grow immune to the sound of back-up beepers on construction vehicles. It's one of the wonderful pleasures of being a part of the U of M community. They are always demolishing or building something, and usually about five or eighty-nine things at a time. When I was a freshman, they were building the new School of Public Health building which is now located right next to the dorm. At the beginning of the year a representative from the construction company came in to talk to us about how they would not start doing construction before 8 AM so as to respect our need for peace and quiet. Without fail, I woke up at 5AM every day to the sound of back-up beepers on construction vehicles. Enjoy!

Allison F

P.S. I hope your back feels better!

rena! said...

Health insurance is fantastic, you should really try it. :P

I'm excited to read your blog because you are hilarious.

...Need a code word for bar so that my posts are appropriate. how about 'library' or 'doctor's office'.

Sean! We definitely need to visit the doctor's office soon! (HaHa, I think it works)

Chris and JJ said...

Sean- Sorry about the back. I do have to agree with you about the bathroom on the 2nd floor. I feel like I'm in the '50s every time I go in there. And I'd really rather feel like I am in 2008 and leave time travel to Michael J. Fox.