Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Up in the Stacks

So I found a pretty sweet study spot up in the stacks of the grad library. I'm sitting in this little private room with a window overlooking the diag and that big American Flag and that one tower. Not only is it a cool view, but it's nice and quiet as well.
It's cool to walk around town these days and watch everyone get set up for the big Art Fair. I've been coming to Ann Arbor for the Art Fair for as long as I can remember, and no, I've never purchased any art. My parents would always take me when I was little and we would see jugglers and slack-rope walkers and stuff like that. Nowadays, I like to just wander around and people-watch. There are always interesting characters and street-performers and such. If anyone's interested in checking out the Art Fair over the next couple days, let me know, cause I'm down!

4 comments:

Bobby said...

I think I will be so irritated by the Art Fair's impeding my ability to get to class and the kajillions of people getting in my way as I walk down the street that I will be unable to enjoy this year's edition.

Maybe I'll visit the non-profit section so I can make fun of the hippies though.

rena! said...

My thoughts on the doctor's Thursday night specials would be: I never thought I'd love going to the doctor's so much.

I think Thursday night art fair + a doctor's office visit would be fun. Or even Friday...

Rebekah said...

I am hoping I can leave my apartment to go somewhere other than the library this weekend, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. I do have Friday mapped out for the art fair though - a few high school kids I taught in previous years are meeting and asked me along. Kind of odd, but I am fascinated to see how much they have grown now that they are off in college.
I hope your weekend ends up with more excitement than mind will!
(-:

Cristi said...

I had to respond to your post since I am currently sitting up in the stacks of the grad library. It is such a great place to study! I can see the stadium from here...:-)